If you are considering having your destination wedding at the Riviera Maya, it’s because you have fallen in love with Mexico and its hospitality.
The Riviera Maya has the best beaches and attractions, impressive Mayan archaeological sites and natural wonders.
In order to choose any of the Riviera Maya’s best spots you have to take into consideration these 7 factors while researching for a location:
- Proximity and access to the beach.
- Plan B location (In case of rain).
- Excellent cuisine.
- Top notch facilities.
- Lodging for your guests.
- Best vendors.
- Best wedding coordination services.
The Riviera Maya offers more locations than the famous and trendy Playa del Carmen or Tulum. There are other amazing cities and towns you can choose from to celebrate your perfect day, such as Puerto Aventuras, Akumal, Xpu-Ha, Paamul, Sian Ka’an and Cozumel.
First of all, you will have to define your budget. Having a destination wedding can lower your costs, since your guest list will be reduced to the people that really love you and will gladly take the time and go through the expense of traveling to another destination to celebrate your wedding. This will allow you to concentrate your budget spending in what is more important for you: live music, flowers and decor, food and drinks, etc.
Secondly, decide on the location. These are some of the best options for your wedding in the Riviera Maya:
- Luxury rental homes. Having your wedding at a luxury private home will allow you to have an intimate ceremony, dinner and party. Most of these properties are located on the beach, offering full house staff and complete privacy. These are perfect for small, intimate weddings.
- Small boutique hotels. These properties are usually elegant and quaint and offer you privacy as well as all the services you need, along with enough hotel rooms for about 30 to 50 guests. If you choose this option and your number of guests exceeds the hotel’s limit, you can always share with them a list of nearby hotels that are closest to yours, displaying their rates so everyone can choose according to their budget.
- Each hotel has their own policies, they might ask you to rent out the entire property for the weekend. Make sure you are aware of their terms as well as the age limit for their guests, decibels allowed for loud music and their closing time. This is the best option for a medium size wedding. The Beach Tulum is a great choice as their sister hotel next door has an additional 24 rooms.
- All Inclusive resorts. If you wish to have a large wedding this is a great option because you will have all of your guests staying in the same property. There is a wide range of hotels with different prices and categories, you can choose from 3 star hotels to 5 diamond properties. Privacy and exclusivity might be compromised, since most All Inclusive hotels have several weddings per day. They usually have their own wedding planners and selected vendors, if you wish to hire external vendors extra fees may be involved, make sure you read their contract thoroughly to avoid surprises. Fun activities can be planned for your guests within the same property during the entire weekend, as well as enjoying all the specialty restaurants and theme nights they have to offer.
- Beach Clubs. The main advantage of hosting your wedding at a beach club is that your guests can decide where they want to book their stay depending on their needs and budget. The beach clubs usually book only one wedding per day, depending on your guest count the property might be exclusively for your event or shared with other clients. If you have less guests than the number they require for a private event, you could pay and extra fee and book the entire property. They usually give you flexibility to choose your own wedding planner and vendors.
The Riviera Maya has the best spots and beaches for your Mexican destination wedding.