Tulum is one of the most wonderful places on Earth, not only because of the natural beauty of it’s white sandy beaches, turquoise blue waters and tropical vegetation, but also because there are a lot of fun activities you can experience on site with your friends.
If you want to organize the best party for a Bride in Tulum, here are 6 things you can do to have an unforgettable hen party in Tulum:
1.Visit Cenotes: Cenotes are underwater sinkholes, most of them located under caves and caverns, hidden in the jungle. The Maya people consider them as sacred places but they are also a fun attraction to visit and take amazing pictures, snorkel, swim or cave dive, if certified. The water is fresh and somewhat cold, since it comes from underground rivers that never see the sun. Most cenotes charge a small entrance fee and rent snorkeling gear and life vests. Make sure you bring ecological bug repellent in order to preserve the purity of the environment. Google “Casa Cenote” or “Cenote Azul”.
2. Accommodation: Choose the hotel you will stay at according to your group’s needs. You will find ecological basic cabañas with limited electricity, concrete pods, tree houses, or small boutique Hotels such as “The Beach Tulum Hotel” that offers all the services, from a Spa, a gym to gourmet restaurants and private plunge pools in rooms.
3. Food: There are so many options on the beach or in the downtown area, also called “el pueblo”. From tacos, ceviches, tostadas, homemade Italian pasta, gourmet fusions, steak houses to experienced chefs that serve the catch of the day. Ziggy’s Restaurant is an excellent option located next to the Beach Tulum Hotel – right on the beach, it offers delicious, fresh and creative dishes with a twist that will awaken all of your senses.
4. Nightlife: Most of the bars are small and quaint, some are on the beach, others immersed in the jungle or in the downtown area. Even though Tulum is not a place where you will find clubs, you can liven any bar with a fun group of friends. You will find quaint and fun bars and beach clubs with live music that prepare delicious cocktails created with Mexican and Mayan ingredients that will surprise you. The most popular ones are:
“Bateys. Mojito and Guarapo Bar” and “Pasito Tun Tun” at “el pueblo” and “Papaya Playa Project a.k.a. (PPP)” on the beach and “Casa Jaguar” also located on the hotel zone but immersed in the jungle. Since you will be needing a large table or sitting area, make sure you call to book ahead of time.
5. Pampering: If you want to organize a Spa day for your bachelorette party at the end of your trip, Tulum is the place. From morning yoga lessons, Mayan sweat lodges (Temazcal), to massages and beauty treatments, Tulum has a holistic and wellness vibe that will meet and surpass all your expectations.
6. Culture: You can’t leave Tulum without visiting its amazing and unique archaeological site located right over a cliff and facing the ocean. You can arrive by bike, car rental or a taxi and take amazing group pictures that will last forever.
As you can see, Tulum has it all. So if you want to organize the best bachelorette getaway in Tulum, here are 6 things you can do to have an unforgettable hen party in the mexican Caribbean.